Vegas 450/600 Round Rules
Return To Tournament Rules List
- Standard Units:
- Vegas 450 Round - Shall consist of 45 arrows; shot as one game, at a distance of 20 yards. The game shall consist of 15 ends of 3 arrows per end.
- Vegas 600 Round - Shall consist of 60 arrows; shot as one game, at a distance of 20 yards. The game shall consist of 20 ends of 3 arrows per end.
- Cubs (under 12) will shoot at a distance of 10 yards.
- You can only shoot one class/style per event.
- Archers may choose either the three-spot Vegas target with the “X“ in the center or a single spot.
- Shooting Rules:
- Each archer will be provided sufficient area to enable two archers to safely shoot simultaneously at one target butt.
- This tournament shall use top/bottom format. First line will shoot bottom target, and the second line will shoot the top target.
- Archers must change target position at half time. Example: An archer shooting at the bottom target must change to the top target. Half time will be after seven complete ends.
- Archers may request a target change. The referee may request them to be changed in the event that he has trouble calling the arrows.
- Practice will consist of two (2) ends of three (3) arrows each.
- Scoring is determined by the position of the shaft. An arrow shaft need only touch the line to be counted in the area of next higher value.
- The three-spot target is scored center out 10,9,8,7,6 and the single spot is scored center out 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1.
- An archer may shoot the 3-spot target in any order, and shoot three arrows into any spot as the archer desires, not to exceed the prescribed number of arrows per end.
- If more than three arrows are shot during an end, only the lowest three arrows will be scored. A penalty of one point will be assessed for each additional arrow shot over three.
- If an archer shoots less than three arrows in one end he may shoot his remaining arrows if the omission is discovered before the end is officially completed; otherwise the un-shot arrows shall be scored as missed.
- Hits on the wrong target will be scored as misses.
- Witnessed bounce outs or arrows passing completely through the target will be reshot.
- Archer shall record X’s and numeric values of each arrow in each scoring box before touching or drawing any arrows from the target. No archer may touch the target face before all arrows are scored.
This link is for a sample of the 450 scoring card.